Hampton Roads Pride is a volunteer-led and volunteer-driven 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-based organization incorporated in 1997.
Hampton Roads Pride does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual ability, or disability.
There are a number of major events that are part of Hampton Roads Pride programming, including PrideFest, Pride Block Party, Pride on the Beach, and the Run the Rainbow 5k. In addition to producing pride celebrations, Hampton Roads Pride also hosts:
- Educational programming focused on building inclusive communities
- Panel discussions to increase understanding of LGBT people, our challenges, and our resources
- Safe opportunities for LGBT Community members and our allies to connect
- Prepare and distribute meals to members of the community experiencing homelessness
- Scholarships awarded to the next generation of LGBTQ+ AND allied leaders