Who We Are
Hampton Roads Pride is a volunteer-led and volunteer-driven 501(c)(3) non-profit, community-based organization incorporated in 1997.
Hampton Roads Pride does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual ability, or disability.
There are a number of major events that are part of Hampton Roads Pride programming, including PrideFest, Pride Block Party, Pride on the Beach, and the Run the Rainbow 5k. In addition to producing pride celebrations, Hampton Roads Pride also hosts:
- Educational programming focused on building inclusive communities
- Panel discussions to increase understanding of LGBT people, our challenges, and our resources
- Safe opportunities for LGBT Community members and our allies to connect
- Prepare and distribute meals to members of the community experiencing homelessness
- Scholarships awarded to the next generation of LGBTQ+ AND allied leaders
Build Strong Partnerships
Hampton Roads Pride connects LGBT youth, teens, adults, and families with their greatest resource: community – promoting a sense of belonging and enhancing physical, mental, and social well-being.
Increase Public Affirmation of LGBT People
Hampton Roads Pride offers educational programming focused on building inclusive communities within businesses and organizations.
Engage Our Community
Hampton Roads Pride events continue to draw ever-growing crowds while providing a home for the nurture and celebration of LGBT organizations, institutions, and culture.
Funding scholarships in support of the next generation of innovative LGBT leaders remains an annual budget priority for Hampton Roads Pride.